Overcoming the Five Dysfunctions of a Team
Ideal for a departmental offsite, we customize the basics of this workshop for your team and deliver it at your convenience, either at your workplace or at an offsite location -- including, of course, beautiful Del Mar, should you choose to come to us!
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team curriculum is designed for in-place teams who want to make substantial progress toward becoming a more cohesive team over the course of one or two focused days.
Ideal for a departmental offsite, participants will be able to:
- Understand the expectations for a cohesive team, based on the Five Dysfunctions of a Team model developed by Patrick Lencioni, the author of the best-selling book with the same title
- Have a basic understanding of the degree to which the team meets the expectations of a cohesive team
- Develop an action plan for improving team work
- Take the first steps toward building trust and understanding conflict styles
- Establish a plan for making progress on commitment, accountability, and results over the next six months
The model is based on a pyramid with five lethal levels, each of which must be sequentially eliminated for a team to function well:
1. Absence of Trust
2. Fear of Conflict
3. Lack of Commitment
4. Avoidance of Accountability
5. Inattention to Results